Main Job Description
- To provide an initial point of contact via the phone to all contractual clients, log tickets with SLA’s set and collating all details of the issue.
- To work with the technical support team to identify problems and assist with solutions.
- Providing support to all clients, updating change control and ensuring business continuity.
- Manage faults through to completion, keeping our Customers updated and liaising with 3rd party Suppliers.
- Carrying out routine maintenance tasks on client’s phone systems.
- To accept escalations from our 1st Line Support Team and manage the complex tasks through to fix and completion.
- To support the junior members of the Team, aiding their development.
- Support the Head of Telecoms Operations to develop the Team and meet the Businesses KPI goals and objectives.
- A real passion for Customer Service and Telecoms.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to embrace change and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work within a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Customer focused ethos and committed to providing a professional service.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks.
- Enthusiastic approach and can-do attitude.
- A Team player who supports the Team objectives and thrives to always do better.
- 2 years’ experience of working in a Service Desk environment.
- Experience of working with PBX and cloud-based systems including NEC SV8100, SV9100, LG iPECS, WHC, Mitel Hosted.
- A good understanding of NEC PBX hardware including cards and handsets.
- Understanding of ISDN 2/30, PSTN, ADSL, fibre, EFM and Leased Lines.
- Knowledge of routers and networking (Draytek, Technicolor, LAN/WAN).
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and 365.
- SIP Trunk, VoIP, Hosted and Networking experience – VLAN, Wi-Fi and VPN.
- Experience with using a Service Management system to manage incidents and requests.
- Formal Telecoms Qualifications – NEC, Unified Communications.
- Field Telecoms Engineering experience.
Full driving license and access to car.