This is an 18-month Apprenticeship opportunity for a First Line Telecoms Apprentice based in Whiteley Hampshire.
Salary is £9,000 per year. This is an office based role.
If you are looking for a First Line Telecoms Apprentice role with the opportunity to earn a qualification in Telecommunications please read on!
Main Job Description
- To provide an initial point of contact via the phone to all contractual clients, log tickets with SLA’s set and collating all details of the issue.
- Testing of Telephone Lines and Broadband and liaising with suppliers to fix Customer issues.
- Carrying out diagnostics on SIP and Hosted lines and systems.
- Providing advice and guidance to our Customers.
- Monitoring our triage queue and directing tickets to the right queues.
- Carry out follow up phone calls as directed from colleagues to provide clients with updates or what has been done to fix an issue.
- To provide 1st line diagnosis of issues to all contractual clients within their agreed SLA’s using our advanced remote support applications.
- To work with the technical support team to identify problems and assist with solutions.
- Providing support to all clients, updating change control and ensuring business continuity.
- Carrying out routine maintenance tasks on client’s systems.
- A real passion for Technical Support and Service Delivery.
- A real passion for learning.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to complete each task assigned.
- Willingness and ability to embrace change and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work within a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Customer focused ethos and committed to providing a professional service.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks.
- Enthusiastic approach and can-do attitude.
Training & Qualifications Provided
- Experience of working in a Service Desk environment.
- Experience of working with NEC, Unify, and Mitel systems and using Talk Talk, WLR3 and Gamma portals to raise Line and Broadband faults.
- Understanding of ISDN 2/30, PSTN, ADSL, Fibre, EFM and Leased Lines.
- Knowledge of routers and networking (Draytek, Technicolor, LAN/WAN/VPN/SIP).
- Basic knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10).
- Experience with using a Service Management system to manage incidents and requests.
- Level 3 Unified Communications.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Full driving license and access to car.
- 4 GCSE’s including English and Maths.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (no weekend work) the opportunity is there to help on out on hours, but is not essential.